Sunday, July 26, 2009

Well So Much for Stash Busting.

I started stash busting last week. This week a friend (Connie) calls and says that her Aunts neighbor past away and the family is looking for someone to come clean out her sewing room. After the Aunt, 2 cousins, and Connie got what they wanted, They asked me What i wanted. I picked out 4-5 nice pieces and they said they guess they would just bag up the rest and throw it away. NOOOOOOOO! I brought home 4 LARGE garbage bags of Nice cotton fabric. Most of it in 2 yard pieces some as much as 6 yards. There is 1 grocery sac of scrap 6 in minimum- to fat quarter size.

SO I guess I really got to start stash busting now.

2 comments:

  1. I hate waste. You did what was right. Find a friend or quilting group and start making charity quilts (after you make one for each of your friends and family.) Pillowcases are another good way to use up fabric. Try maryquilts.com for free instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hit the jackpot girl! I take other people's "treasures" and turn them into donation quilts, the family's enjoy the thought that someone is using it, and I get to sew with it!

    ReplyDelete