Sunday, August 22, 2010

Design Wall Monday



We have a young Airman (Trudy) in our office that is due in about 3 weeks, Last week, I found out she is decorating her baby room with Blue and Tan with a Noah's Ark theme. I came home searched my stash and sure enough I found a small piece of Noah's Ark Material. there was not enough for blocks but I think the 2 boarders will look good, there is also a small piece that I may try cutting up and appliqueing over the centers of the diamonds. as you can see I did a very poor job with some of the centers. but I think it will look OK after I quilt it and maybe put a lions or rabbit head over the worst of the centers.

13 comments:

  1. I love the match of colours, and think this will make a great quilt.
    Diana in England

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to make a quilt from your stash???

    I love it when I can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hidden wells Noah's ark quilt is adorable. I like the idea of the appliques of animal heads regardless of them covering up the centers; just a great idea. Such a perfect individualized gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!! Applique or no this is a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a cute and unique baby quilt...I'm sure the baby's family will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way it looks. The borders are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Love that pattern-the pieced blocks-what's it called?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great creative use of a small amount of fabric. That is one of the things I like about quilting, everything finds a place to live. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is very cute...call the centers 'folk art' and they are not SUPPOSED to be alike. I don't think the baby will ever notice..just will love to snuggle under this beauty..well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go to the following link for a free pattern of hidden wells or waterworld. http://www.asminor.info/quiltfrenzy_archives/waterworld1.html

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very ingenious and a great way to use those border prints that I find so hard to incorporate into quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky co-worker! This looks great. Love the colorway.

    ReplyDelete