Sunday, March 28, 2010

Stach Report and a gift

In this week 3.5
Out this week 3.5
In YTD 47.5
Out YTD 57
Net out -9.5

If you compare the data from last week with the data from this week you will see they just do not add up. I found an error on my spreadsheet and these should be the correct numbers.

I had an extra special thing happen this week, In all of the quilts I have donated (24 in the last year and a half) Only once was I ever been thanked by the recipient themselves. usually I get a thank you letter from the organization with a tax slip. But this week I received a picture of 3 girls wrapped in their quilts and a letter from each of them and from the foster mom. Thanking me for the quilts I made for Megan Paige and Bailey. They where so very special. May god bless each of them threw their lives.

4 comments:

  1. That *is* really special! You made me feel good, too -- just telling us about it! Great job! :) Take care, Dianne B. in England

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really nice to get a thank you for the quilts you donate. And when you get a little irritated about donating quilts, you can look at the thank you's and feel good about it all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MIss Deb, It is wonderful that you recieved a thank you with a picture,too. I make quilts for baby's whose parents are short of funds and need help and also for Pregency Centers. They are given without my name as the maker. Sometime I wonder if they are appreciated. I found out. One day in our local WM store, I saw a baby wrapped in a quilt I had made. A person was talking with the mother telling her how cute her infant was, and where did she find such a pretty quilt. The mother told her it was a gift from a lady who loved her baby very much. I was full of joy at that moment. All those quilts I have made over the years was worth the time and effort. You see, I pray over each quilt as I make it. Not for the quilt, but the child to recieve it. Just keep up the good work you do for you will be blessed. I know I have many times over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you notes, what a lost art. You have donated a lot of quilts!!

    ReplyDelete