Sunday, May 2, 2010

I Give Up

I just cannot do it when nice people donate to my cause. Over the last 3 weeks 2 friends donated approximately 22 yards of fabric to my ministry, then I was offered 3 (6) yard bolts of blenders for cost, $2.42 a yard. and another friend went to a quilters estate auction. and came back with 10-12 yard bundles of NICE fabric for $4.00 a bundle. I am not sure of the total yardage, but in the last 3 weeks, I have got to have added at least 140 yards to my stash.

On top of that I have been sick and nothing used. I did donate some of the fabric to a Friend and some more to be sent to make backings for charities quilts. But I kept way to much.

If I only counted fabric I bought in a real store, over the last 4 months, I would still be in the black.

I will still acknowledge on here what I use and what comes in, but no sense trying to keep track of actual numbers, I would never make it out of the red.

Have a great week,

8 comments:

  1. I wouldn't count anything people donate for a charitable cause, but I hope you keep posting SOMETHING every week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing all that fabric is! I would only count what you intend to keep, don't count the fabric you plan to re-donate. Hope you feel better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful problem to have! Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift -- but I would keep your "purchased" fabric in your staff report and also report your "donated" fabric below. Quilters love hearing about these kind of additions to the stash. Thanks for the report.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just count what you purchased for yourself. The donated fabric for charity quilts doesn't count at all, whether you keep it to make the quilts yourself or give it away to others. Please keep reporting. We all love to hear what you've been sewing on. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all please get well! And then I agree with earlier comments: maybe create a new category for donated fabric. It's your report, so whatever works for you is fine! I just think it is fun to look back and see what you have done. Just imagine coming back at the end of the year and remembering the week of 140 yards "in"...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last year I had the same issue and it's looking like this year will be more of the same. About 160 yards in last year and 34 yards this year -- and I haven't finished counting what I've gotten from my mom's sewing room. I'm tracking it all together -- but I'm also tracking $$ spent (just not reporting it) - so it meets my needs -- am I keeping my spending under control. I can tell it's not keeping the fabric from coming in because I'm running out of room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabric given to me I don't count! I didn't spend money on it! Good luck with your health and the quilts!

    ReplyDelete